Russ Dillingham of the Sun Journal in Lewiston, Maine, won first place in the 2022 Associated Press Sports Editors contest in the Division C Feature Photo category.
APSE contest winners will be honored at the 2023 APSE Summer Conference banquet at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas on July 12. Click here to register for the conference, which begins on July 9 and will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of APSE.
Christopher Dolan of The Scranton Times-Tribune finished second, and Kenneth Ferriera of the Lincoln Journal Star took third.
Top 10 slideshow in order: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gStn9FkTWk7nC7tD7
Dillingham will receive a plaque. The second- through 10th-place finishers will receive frameable certificates.
Sports editors in Division C submitted 31 entries in Feature Photo. Entries were judged by Associated Press Staff Photographer John Bazemore and AP Photo Manager Mike Stewart. The contest is open to APSE members.
- Russ Dillingham, Sun Journal (Lewiston, Maine)
- Christopher Dolan, The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Kenneth Ferriera, Lincoln Journal Star
- Justin Wan, Lincoln Journal Star
- Andy Abeyta, The Desert Sun (Palm Springs, Calif.)
- August Frank, Lewiston (Idaho) Tribune
- Jonah Hinebaugh, Naples Daily News
- Amanda Inscore, The News-Press (Ft. Myers, Fla.)
- Landon Bost, The News-Press (Ft. Myers, Fla.)
- Daryn Slover, Sun Journal (Lewiston, Maine)