Jake Danna Stevens of The Scranton Times-Tribune won first place in the 2022 Associated Press Sports Editors contest in the Division C Action Photo category.
APSE contest winners will be honored at the 2023 APSE Summer Conference banquet at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas on July 12. Click here to register for the conference, which begins on July 9 and will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of APSE.
Jeff Blake of The State (Columbia, S.C.) finished second, and Christopher Dolan of The Scranton Times-Tribune took third.
Top 10 slideshow: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PYJfHnd4uhQ9YUrL7
Stevens will receive a plaque. The second- through 10th-place finishers will receive frameable certificates.
Sports editors in Division C submitted 31 entries in Action Photos. Entries were judged by Associated Press Staff Photographer John Bazemore and AP Photo Manager Mike Stewart. The contest is open to APSE members.The top 10 is listed below.
- Jake Danna Stevens, The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Jeff Blake, The State (Columbia, S.C.)
- Christopher Dolan, The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Ken Ferriera, Lincoln Journal Star
- Justin Wan, Lincoln Journal Star
- Tristan Lorei, The Free Lance-Star (Fredericksburg, Va.)
- Jacqueline Dormer, The Republican Herald (Pottsville, Pa.)
- Tyler Tjomsland, The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, Wash.)
- Matt Dayhoff, Peoria Journal Star
- Travis Heying, The Wichita Eagle