MassLive.com is seeking a versatile high school sports reporter to join its award-winning sports department located in Springfield, Mass.
This unique opportunity will focus on everything from game stories to features, stat collection, all-star team selections, roundups, top performers lists, and enterprise projects that go beyond the field or court. Proven success in digital news or sports is a must. Candidates should be able to demonstrate journalistic standards, writing ability, web-style storytelling and the ability to quickly recognize and react to trending news in the sports world. Video producing and photo editing experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will understand the value of increasing audience and using social media to not only interact with our readers but also to find the stories that matter to them. They’ll be able to jump right into a busy local sports scene and transition weekly between a variety of sports. Night and weekend work will be expected as will travel throughout the coverage area.
Apply here by uploading your resume and providing links to the best work you’ve written. Send something that will make you stand out and explain why you’d be a good candidate to help build on what the team has already accomplished. MassLive.com is seeking someone who is innovative and has ideas to expand its coverage.
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred or related experience
· Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
· Ability to work under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
· Mastery of social media and digital interaction
· Proven ability to utilize a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience