Rivals.com is looking for a team site producer who will be responsible for assisting and supporting Rivals.com site publishers daily through marketing and promotions and on-call support to ensure subscription growth network-wide. The producer will be held accountable for long-term growth for each Rivals.com affiliate they are responsible for conference-to-conference.
· Assisting site publishers and staff with support on a daily basis about all issues that may arise. Quick response is necessary regarding all potential hurdles for a publisher. This includes being the point of contact for technical issues on the site, changes in front page modules/features/ad placement, ensuring writers and publishers are producing content up to the Yahoo! and Rivals.com standard, and enhancing opportunities for growth.
· Marketing and promotional support: The producer is required to craft and execute promotional efforts through email marketing, on-site promotion of offers/trials and track each with up-to-date data and results.
· Accountable for site presentation and performance. This includes working with publishers and writers to ensure the best content is being produced whether it be original or aggregated from the Rivals.com national team and Yahoo! Sports. In addition, the producer must ensure that the content is properly programmed both editorially and to ensure subscriber acquisition. Communicates with Head of Team Sites on growth goals for each site and is responsible to make sure those goals are met quarterly and yearly.
· Coordinating with the national recruiting and college writers to make sure they are involved on major team sites by being involved with posting on message boards across the network and working with our publishers to ensure ownership of breaking news and recruiting coverage.
· Streamlining and efficiently communicates product upgrade announcements, reminders and notifications to give our publishers the tools to efficiently communicate with subscribers about the newest features at Rivals.com that will enhance their experience with us at Rivals.com.
· Communicating with publishers and site staff writers about assisting Rivals.com with regional events including press conferences, camps, combines and all-star events. The power of the network only works if local experts lend a hand and own their area.
· Integrating Yahoo! Sports content with our team sites when applicable. There is no question that Yahoo Sports is home to the best national sports staff and investigative sports journalists in the industry. Getting that content in front of our local subscribers strengthens both the Rivals.com and Yahoo! name.
· Participate and initiate weekly e-mails between other producers and CRM Lead/Head of Producers, Greg Gibson and Eric Winter highlighting goals, issues, ideas, and communication about the issues at hand. Each week the producer will be responsible to share and report on their current promotions, marketing efforts and site performance.
· Assisting the Rivals.com management team in cultivating new talent for new sites and openings around the network. Will be a lead figure on all site transitions, acquisitions and introducing new Rivals.com publishers and site staff members within the conferences and regions they are responsible for.
· BA/BS Degree, preferably in a Journalism related degree.
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Deep rooted passion for College Sports
· 2 years work experience in a corporate online entity