The Seattle Times seeks a sports columnist who can be a leading voice in the Pacific Northwest for one of the best regional news organizations in the country. This is a high-profile position working for an award-winning, family-owned newspaper in a robust, competitive metropolitan area.
We’re looking for someone able to write informed opinion, a person equally comfortable analyzing a deadline event, writing a long-form story on a complex subject or being in a podcast. We’re looking for a strong, independent voice who works well within a team framework, has deadline experience, broad knowledge of sports and has experience writing about pro, college, high schools and recreational sports.
• College degree.
• Three years of digital and daily newspaper experience.
Additional Application Information:
To apply, submit the following materials via our online application:
- Cover letter (uploaded to your application as an attachment)
- Resume (uploaded to your application as an attachment)
- Names of three references familiar with your work (with at least one reference being a former manager or supervisor)
- Six to 10 samples of your work, preferably attached as a Word or PDF file. You are welcome to use URLs to link to your clips, podcasts or video provided the content is not behind a paywall. To do so, collect the URLs in a single Word document and upload it when prompted.
NOTE: Attachments are uploaded on the same page where you upload your resume. After uploading the resume, use your back browser to return to the page and upload additional attachments. Please note: file size limit is 4 MB (4,000KB).
Online Application URL:
Regrettably, we are unable answer a high volume of phone calls and emails. We respectfully request that you use the following email address for application assistance only: