APSE currently has five student chapters? Interested in joining? See requirements and form at bottom of pages.
CURRENT STUDENT CHAPTERS
(Click on chapter name to get complete information about the chapter)
Ohio University — adviser: Justice B. Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Oklahoma State University — Adviser: Ted Kian, email@example.com
University of Alabama at Birmingham — Adviser: Marie Sutton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Tech University — adviser: Erik Hall, email@example.com
STUDENT CHAPTER REQUIREMENTS
Student chapters must apply and be approved by a vote of the APSE executive committee. To fulfill requirements to submit an APSE student chapter application, a prospective chapter must secure:
- A faculty member who will serve as chapter adviser (chapter adviser pays the educator dues fee of $100 upon approval of chapter application by APSE executive committee)
- A roster of interested chapter members, their academic classification and email addresses. To apply for chapter status, the application must include a minimum of 10 students who would pay dues ($25 each) upon approval of application.
- A list of officers or potential officers. A proposed president for the chapter must be in place at time of application. It is recommended that each chapter also include a vice president and a secretary/treasurer.
- A resume of the student chapter president.
- A resume of the student chapter adviser.
- An essay stating why you seek to establish an APSE student chapter and what you hope to achieve through affiliation with APSE. The essay should include details about the adviser’s involvement in the student chapter and also note any professional APSE members who have indicated their willingness to participate in your chapter.
- An outline of your short- and long-term goals for the chapter, including proposed plans for the academic year (fund-raising, guest speakers, meeting frequency, etc.)
- Written proof from your university that your chapter has or will seek to be recognized by your university as an official student organization. Also include requirements regarding such recognition that APSE should know about.