APSE Mid-Atlantic Region meeting at University of Maryland
DATE AND TIME: Friday, May 10; 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Knight Hall, 7765 Alumni Drive, College Park, MD 20742 (Directions and parking information can be found here)
REGISTRATION: Free; email region chairman Glenn Yoder at email@example.com
SCHEDULE and PANELS:
10 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Welcome/meet and greet
- We will provide coffee/pastries
10:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m. First panel: Easy social distribution is a thing of the past. What’s next?
Moderated by Dan Steinberg (Washington Post)
- Hemal Jhaveri (For the Win)
- Michael Katz (SB Nation)
- Nina Mandell (NBC Sports Washington)
11:15 a.m.-noon Second panel: Covering the Jordan McNair situation at Maryland
Moderated by Kevin Blackistone (ESPN/Washington Post)
- Heather Dinich (ESPN)
- Emily Giambalvo (Washington Post)
- Rick Maese (Washington Post)
Noon-1:30 p.m. Lunch
- There are nearby options including…
- Casey’s Coffee, which is a less than 5-minute walk from Knight Hall and an option if you don’t want to move your car. They have great sandwiches, salads and soups and are very quick.
- Mulligan’s Grill and Pub is the golf course restaurant and an option if you are driving. It’s close and they have free parking.
1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Third panel: Getting hired: Managers on what they’re looking for in candidates
Moderated by TBD
- David Aldridge (The Athletic)
- Tyler Batiste (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Matt Vita (Washington Post)
2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Jobs workshop (optional)
- Open table chats to talk hiring and review resumes, if requested
If you are not registered as an APSE member but would like to be, click here.