Philly.com is looking for an ambitious producer to join the award-winning and nationally recognized sports staff of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News. This is a rewarding, fast-paced job that includes all of the following: copy-editing and posting stories, observing all SEO best practices; managing the Philly.com sports site; aggregating as needed, from social media sources as well as competing websites and helping create and display best-in-the marketplace content. We’re looking for a producer who understands how to grow audience and is deeply familiar with the Philadelphia sports landscape.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep digital content up-to-date and maintain its editorial and visual quality. This involves the placement of stories onto the site, writing promo headlines, and visual production (attaching images, galleries, related links, video and graphics).
- Collaborate with the editors and reporters of the paper to direct content in a timely and correct manner onto Philly.com
- Produce additional media content and special sections, as needed. This includes independently creating special section layouts with media assets such as image galleries, videos, polls and graphics
- Update and ensure quality control of mobile applications
- Assist with social media for the flagship accounts and collaborate on other reader outreach efforts, including comment moderation and UGC efforts
- Minimum of three years of experience as a producer or sports journalist
- Exceptional news judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to empathize with and listen to readers and respond to their needs
- Ability to write a clean basic news story
- Line editing experience is a plus
- Good understanding of modern digital content management tools and the ability to quickly master new tools and techniques as they arise
- Ability to quickly analyze data and use it to inform decisions in the moment
- Ability to deeply analyze data to inform decisions on strategy and tactics
- Ability to edit photos, make image decisions complying with PMN’s ethical guidelines and write or edit captions and headlines that comply with PMN style guide
- Basic project management skills
To Apply: Go to http://data.inquirer.com/jobs/#sm_15. Contact sports editor Gary Potosky at email@example.com.