By Erik Hall
These are people that were “On the Move” during October. They have announced professional moves in sports media.
If there was a move in your department or you made a move during October that is not included, you can contact Erik Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ryan S. Clark took a job covering Washington for the Tacoma (Washington) News Tribune.
- Taylor Eldridge announced he joined the Wichita Eagle to cover Wichita State.
- Tom Haberstroh joined Spotlight Media Ventures and Bleacher Reporter after previously working at ESPN.
- Jayson Jenks left the Seattle Times sports department to write feature stories for the news department.
- Dale Lolley joined DKPittsburghSports.com to cover the Steelers. He was previously with the Washington Observer-Reporter.
- Shauntel Lowe moved to The New York Times as a senior staff editor. She previously worked at Bleacher Report.
- Erik Malinowski accepted a sports editor position at The Atlantic.
- Kimberley Martin is joining The Washington Post to cover D.C.’s NFL franchise. She was previously a columnist at The Buffalo News.
- Maria McIlwain accepted a position covering high school sports for BrazosSports.com in College Station, Texas. She was previously at The Mercury in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Sarah McLellan made the move to covering the Wild for the Minneapolis Star Tribune. She previously covered the Coyotes for The Arizona Republic.
- Logan Murdock accepted a multimedia reporter position covering the Golden State Warriors for the Bay Area News Group.
- Conor Orr joined Sports Illustrated as a NFL reporter.
- Jeff Patterson accepted the senior assistant sports editor position at the Oklahoman. He previously worked at the Kansas City Star.
- Jorge Rojas left the Miami Herald after 24 years, including the last 14 as executive sports editor.
- Daniel Shirley took an assistant editor position with SEC Country. He was previously the sports editor at The Telegraph in Macon, Georgia.
- Bob Vetrone Jr. announced he will take a buyout from the Philadelphia Daily News. He was the paper’s scoreboard editor.
- Calvin Watkins joined Newsday to cover the New York Jets. He previously worked at ESPN and the Dallas Morning News.
- Greg Wyshynski joined ESPN after previously working for Yahoo!
- The Boston Globe added Tara Sullivan as a columnist and Nora Princiotti as a Patriots reporter. Sullivan was previously a columnist for The Record in Bergen County, New Jersey. Princiotti previously covered Washington’s NFL franchise for The Washington Post.
- The Des Moines (Iowa) Register added Cody Goodwin as a wrestling writer and now have Matthew Bain covering Iowa and Iowa State recruiting.
- USA Today added Mike Jones to cover the NFL and Tom Schad as a breaking/trending news reporter. Jones was previously with The Washington Post.