By Erik Hall
These are people that were “On the Move” during November. They have announced professional moves in sports media.
If there was a move in your department or you made a move during November that is not included, you can contact Erik Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andrew Baggarly joined The Athletic Bay Area to cover the San Francisco Giants. He previously covered the Giants for the Bay Area News Group.
- Sam Blum joined The Daily Progress in Charlottesville, Virginia, to cover University of Virginia sports.
- Max Bultman announced he became a full-time general assignment reporter for The Athletic Detroit.
- Mary Byrne, a former APSE president, accepted a position of editor in chief for the Olympic Channel. She previously worked at ESPN.
- Mike Forman became the sports editor for the Victoria (Texas) Advocate.
- Jonathan Heeter was named the sports editor at The Daily Press in Newport News, Virginia, in October.
- Vaughn Johnson left his role with Philly.com to work for the Philadelphia Eagles as a digital platform producer.
- Bob Klapsich said he’d no longer be writing a baseball column for The Record in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Mark Kriegel joined ESPN to do on-air boxing analysis, long-form stories, and video/print essays.
- Kathy Laughlin took the sports editor position at the Sun Sentinel in Broward County, Florida.
- Alex Mena accepted the sports editor position at The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.
- Zack Rosenblatt announced he took a job to cover the Philadelphia 76ers for NJ.com effective Dec. 8. He previously covered the Arizona Wildcats for the Tucson Star.
- Meagan Schultz received a promotion to sports editor at The Evening Sun in Norwich, New York, on Oct. 31.
- Darryl Smart, a sports journalist, lost his job with the closing of The Norfolk News and The Brantford News in Ontario.
- Sam Stewart left sports writing for The Mercury in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, to join the U.S. Army.
- Elaine Sung announced she was one of the approximately 150 layoffs by ESPN.
- Nick Talbot accepted a deputy sports editor role at the San Antonio Express-News.
- Vince Townley took the sports editor position at The Beaver County Times in Beaver, Pennsylvania.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette named Tyler Batiste the assistant managing editor/sports and Alex Iniguez received a promotion to sports editor. Michael Sanserino left his job as Pittsburgh Post-Gazette assistant managing editor/sports to become education manager at the Society of Professional Journalists.
- The Washington Post added Samantha Pell as a high school sports reporter. Jacob Bogage left the high school sports desk to write/blog about national sports for The Post’s “Early Lead” vertical.