By Erik Hall
These are people that were “On the Move” during December. They have made professional moves in sports media.
If there was a move in your department or you made a move during December that is not included, you can contact Erik Hall at email@example.com.
- Lars Anderson announced he left Bleacher Report, and he is now a contributing writer to The Athletic.
- Evan Barnes took a position with The Memphis Commercial Appeal to cover Memphis football. He previously worked at the Los Angeles Daily News.
- Corey Clark joined Warchant.com as a senior writer. He previously worked as sports columnist at the Tallahassee (Florida) Democrat.
- Alicia Rose DelGallo accepted a position as editor of ProSoccerUSA.com, which covers Major League Soccer for Tronc.
- Herm Edwards left ESPN as an NFL analyst to become the head football coach at Arizona State.
- Jeannine Edwards turned down a contract extension with ESPN to spend more time with her family, according to ESPN Front Row. Her final broadcast was the Cotton Bowl on Dec. 29.
- Mike Francesa signed off WFAN for the final time after 30 years.
- Christopher Hine joined the Minneapolis Star Tribune as a sports analytics/enterprise writer. He previously covered the Blackhawks for the Chicago Tribune.
- Randy King retired after 46 years as a writer and columnist at The Roanoke Times.
- Jason Lowenthal took a sports copy editor position with the Columbia Missourian.
- Tim Marchman was promoted from Deadspin editor in chief to the head of special projects at Gizmodo Media.
- Kevin Merida, in addition to being editor-in-chief of The Undefeated, will oversee all of ESPN’s enterprise and investigative coverage.
- Alison Overholt, who was already editor-in-chief of ESPN The Magazine, added the responsibilities of overseeing longform content on ESPN.com
- Ryen Russillo ended his daily radio show for ESPN. He will continue doing a weekly podcast through the end of his contract, according to Awful Announcing.
- John Skipper resigned as ESPN president.
- Jimmy Smith parts ways as a broadcaster for Bellator MMA.
- Chris Thomas announced he was named the sports editor of The Detroit Free Press.
- Kurt Warner joined NBC as an NFL color commentator for a pair of games in late December.