Lee Enterprises is looking for a highly motivated journalist with a strong sports background to join our growing National Desk in Madison, Wisconsin. The Sports Producer/Copy Editor will work with our National Sports Desk to edit, design and distribute relevant, timely national news to Lee’s portfolio of publications.
The right candidate will have:
- A passion for thinking creatively to create dynamic visual storytelling
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to edit copy using Associated Press style and write headlines that enhance design and help our audience understand stories
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work on deadline
- History of collaboration with designers, editors and other newsroom employees to complete projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience using newsroom communication tools including Google Drive and instant messaging platforms
The position is full-time evening position, including weekends and holidays as news and major events dictate. Salary is negotiable.
Learn more or apply online at www.lee.net/careers/opportunities.
Lee Enterprises is a leading media organization providing local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with 46 daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 22 states. For more information about Lee, visit www.lee.net.