The Des Moines Register and Iowa City Press-Citizen, Iowa’s leading news network and a member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, have an opening for an Iowa Hawkeyes beat reporter.
Are you an ambitious, fast-paced, digitally-minded reporter who is driven by going beyond game coverage to offer analysis and compelling content that will surprise readers and keep them coming back for more? If you answered yes, then read on…
In this role, you will:
· Deliver on a unique opportunity to cover a Big Ten team that went undefeated in its most recent season and competed in the Rose Bowl.
· Appear and deliver thoughts on the Hawk Central radio show.
· Write engaging content for print and digital sources that captures readers and keeps them coming back for more.
Here’s what you need:
· 3-5 years of sports reporting experience and clips that include both stories and audio/video elements
· Experienced in investigative reporting on a sports beat, strong profiles and alternative story forms
· Collaborative – working closely with the Hawkeyes columnist, sports producers, a sports content coach and others
· Comfortable appearing on the Hawk Central radio show and presenting thoughts in a clear, professional manner on video
· Adept at growing audience through great content
· Smart with social media and multimedia
· Highly self-motivated
· Able to meet tight deadlines and travel when needed
Here’s what we have to offer:
· Competitive compensation
· Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life Insurance
· 401(K) Saving Plan
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Company Holidays
· Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
· Employee Discount Program
The Iowa City Press-Citizen is located in the heart of a vibrant college town with passionate news consumers. It is close to the University of Iowa, where the Hawkeyes field 24 varsity teams.
Here’s where to apply:
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status